This is a 10 week course on Wednesday evenings 6:30pm til 9pm and is ideal for beginners and more experienced enthusiasts. With a small class size of 5 people, there is plenty of 1:1 instruction and guidance with the tips and techniques that you need to complete your project and to enhance your appreciation of this amazing trade.
Students should bring in their own project and if you are a beginner, you must start with something small, like a dining chair, footstool or piano stool, drop in seat, something that is achievable in a relatively short amount of time. The tutor will guide you with subsequent projects to match your skill level as you progress. To ensure you have the right project for this course, please email a photo of your project to firstname.lastname@example.org and do check out the FAQs page for guidelines and advice.
The classes can include:
- Complete ripping out and reupholstery
- Only removing the top fabric and recovering
- Traditional & modern upholstery techniques, tools and materials and how we handle them
- Simple wood cleaning and reviving techniques and small project repairs
- Choosing upholstery fabrics and trimmings, making piping and double piping
- Each term we try to look at a chair or fabric designer, developments in sustainability and other aspects of the upholstery trade
- Email me a photo of your project prior to the course at email@example.com and check out the FAQs page for guidance and advice. Feel free to email me if you think you need advice on a project
Fee £390 + materials