A 10 week project-based upholstery course on Tuesday mornings from 10am til 1pm.
You’ll be exposed to a range of projects and skill levels so if you are a beginner, this will give you a little insight into what might lay ahead for you. As a beginner, you should start with a beginner project, something small, so that you should be able to complete it in a relatively short period of time. Choose a dining chair, a footstool, drop in seats, a small nursing chair.
Everyone must send a photo of their project prior to the course. If you need any guidance, please do get in touch via email to email@example.com
The classes can include:
- Complete ripping out and reupholstery
- Only removing the top fabric and recovering
- Traditional & modern upholstery techniques, tools and materials and how we handle them
- Simple wood cleaning and reviving techniques and small project repairs
- Choosing upholstery fabrics and trimmings, making piping and double piping
- Each term we try to look at a chair or fabric designer, developments in sustainability and other aspects of the upholstery trade
- Email me a photo of your project prior to the course at firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the FAQs page for guidance and advice. Feel free to email me if you think you need advice on a project.
There is the option on to enrol for the afternoon session which runs from 1:30pm til 4pm (see Tuesday Afternoon Upholstery) or enrol for the whole day from 10 til 4pm (see Tuesday All Day Upholstery).
Students provide their own fabric and trimmings or buttons. Any materials used in the workshop are paid for at the end of the term.
Fee £465 per person + materials