This is a leisure classes designed to give you all the tips and techniques to complete your project and to enhance your appreciation of this amazing trade. The classes are small and comprised of beginners and experienced alike. You do not have to have any previous experience but as a beginner, you will to start with something like a dining chair, a footstool, some drop in seats, a pin cushion seat or a small nursing chair. Everyone must send me a photo of their project prior to the course. If you need any guidance, please do get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The classes can include:
- Complete ripping out and reupholstery or only removing the top fabric and recovering
- Traditional & modern upholstery techniques, tools and materials and how we handle them
- Simple wood cleaning and reviving techniques and small project repairs
- Choosing upholstery fabrics and trimmings, making piping and double piping
- Each term we try to look at a chair or fabric designer, developments in sustainability and other aspects of the upholstery trade
- Email me a photo of your project prior to the course at email@example.com and check out the FAQs page for guidance and advice. Feel free to email me if you think you need advice on a project.
There is the option on Thursdays to enrol for the afternoon session which runs from 1:30pm til 4pm (see Thursday Afternoon Upholstery) or enrol for the whole day from 10 til 4pm (see Thursday All Day Upholstery).
Fee £465 per person + materials